Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Hotel managers are responsible for managing employees and for planning, marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services such as catering and accommodation facilities.
Hotel operations managers oversee the entire operations of a lodging establishment. Operations include human resources, housekeeping, security, public relations, food service, sales and finances. It is the hotel operations manager's job to deal effectively with customers, bosses and staff workers while keeping the hotel running smoothly.
A hotel operations manager may have assistants or assign department heads to help manage the hotel. Creating a work schedule, hiring new employees, and training staff are all duties a hotel operations manager can perform. While company executives usually set various hotel polices, the hotel operations manager will sometimes get to assign special discounts or honor advertising promotions.
Specific duties and the amount of customer or staff contact vary according to the size of employer: hotel managers in larger organisations may be mostly office-based, whereas managers of smaller establishments often have frequent contact with both customers and employees. Typical responsibilities include:
- recruiting, training and supervising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- handling customer complaints and queries
- promoting and marketing the business
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws
· Key skills for hotel managers
· Reliability and stamina are essential in hotel management. You will also need excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills. Numeracy is particularly important for finance-related and office-based roles, while good interpersonal skills and customer service are vital for roles involving contact with clients. Knowledge of foreign languages can be an advantage.
Requirements: Interested candidates must have a minimum of OND in or any related field, professional qualification will be an added advantage.