Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- recruiting, training and supervising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- handling customer complaints and queries
- promoting and marketing the business
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws
Reliability and stamina are essential in hotel management. You will also need excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills
Numeracy is particularly important for finance-related and office-based roles, while good interpersonal skills and customer service are vital for roles involving contact with clients
Knowledge of foreign languages can be an advantage.
Relevant work experience is essential for entry into the profession
Relevant work experience is essential for entry into the profession; this can include hotel, catering, retailing, waitressing or bar work. A hotel/catering management or hospitality qualification can be advantageous.