Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- Sales Strategy/Marketing & Public relation
- Accounting & Budgeting
- Staff Supervision
- Restaurant/Bar/Club Management.
- Policy planning and supervision
- Facility Management.
Managerial duties vary depending on the size and type of hotel, but will include:
- planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
- promoting and marketing the business;
- managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- maintaining statistical and financial records;
- setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
- analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
- recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- meeting and greeting customers;
- dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
- supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
- dealing with contractors and suppliers;
- ensuring security is effective;
The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential to success in this role. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and support staff. Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
A minimum of OND with six months experience in hotel or hospitality industry required. Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experiencing is desirable.
Ideal candidates will possess an OND in institutions' management, hospitality services, foods and nutrition, business administration or other related field.