Memorable experiences for our Guests and Colleagues is the essence of being a Leader with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As a Housekeeping Supervisor your attention to detail will show the Housekeeping team that you are committed to providing luxury Guest experiences. The energy and enthusiasm you display will create a “fun” place to work.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Responsible for conducting quality inspections to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness in guestrooms, public areas in accordance with Fairmont standards, policies and procedures
- Handle Guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Responsible for taking a lead role in the coordination of all Housekeeping employees and activities including: office opening and closing, daily room assignments, evening service assignments, special tasks, and shift briefings
Responsible for communicating all operational concerns to the leadership team and proactively finding appropriate solutions and implementing action
Responsible for maintaining high level of performance, work quality and service standards of Housekeeping colleagues
Follows all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
Ensures completeness of guestroom mini bar items, refill & charge consumptions promptly and alert discrepancies as required.
Responsible for liaising with Front Office, Engineering and other departments in the overall operations of the rooms division to ensure the highest level of guest service are maintained.
Processes requests and delegates work assignment in a timely manner while adhering to Fairmont’s brand standards
Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation