- To contribute to guest comfort and ensure the daily cleaning and tidying of all the hotel bedrooms and any public areas.
- To also monitor the operation efficiency of the linen service
- To ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the hotel, with the supervision and inspection of all guest rooms and areas.
- To be fully aware of all hotel services and activities.
- To allocate areas of cleaning on a daily basis fairly, in accordance with hotel procedures and hotel business.
- To ensure all guest and team members laundry and dry cleaning is processed in accordance with hotel procedures, charges are raised and documentation completed for hotel audit procedures.
- To be fully aware of the mini bar procedures (where appropriate).
- To be fully aware of linen procedures and assist with linen stock-takes as required.
- To order, receive and issue cleaning materials and carry out stock-takes as required.
- To ensure the correct use of cleaning agents on all surfaces.
- To assist with the periodic cleaning of areas as requested.
- To be fully aware of, and strictly adhere to, security procedures laid down by the hotel and company. This to include keys, stock, cash and property.
- To record and report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance.
- To ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively.
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation.
- To assist with the housekeeping operation as necessary, i.e. servicing of guest rooms etc.
- To record, report and process lost property according to hotel procedures.
- To assist with the training of team members in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment. This to include recording of training, Induction and National Vocational Qualifications.
- To review the performance of team members where this forms part of your responsibility.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be aware of and strictly adhere to fire procedure precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid down by the hotel and company in order to satisfy statutory legislation.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To attend training when required
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.