The successful candidate will work with the HPHT team to develop HPHT drilling engineering. You will give input as per the project maturation process Stage Gate requirements and work with Company project and subsurface teams to develop detailed objectives for HPHT drilling projects.
- Identify risks and mitigate / manage these risks during the project maturation from assess to select and execute gates.
- Develop detailed HPHT well designs and manage associated studies.
- Evaluate and recommend new technology, third-party equipment and procedures.
- Work with third-party (vendor) experts to develop well designs and plans.
- Evaluate third-party design analysis for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Review feasibility of drilling and completion solutions.
- Review project cases and Basis of Design to ensure it retains realistic solutions and adequate costs.
- Develop drilling cost estimates ranging from simple scoping to detailed probabilistic.
- Present drilling designs and plans to peer review committees.
- Review, evaluate and report work from partners’ HPHT operated ventures.
- Participate to HPHT operations follow up and provide technical support.
- Participate in peer reviews of drilling projects from other Company drilling departments, as required.
- Participate in the mentoring, coaching and development of less experienced engineers.
- Ensure conformance of the work with Company policy and standards and the requirements of local government regulations.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience as a Senior Drilling Engineer who is looking to broaden his experiences in complex well design and in project
development. Both project and completion experiences will be valuable.
Proficiency in drilling engineering and software applications. Good communication skills required, must be a team player with flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm.
Strong analytical and organisational skills.