Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service, in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change and employee relations matters.
- Support managers with the effective and efficient performance of their employees, identifying and facilitating appropriate interventions through the performance management processes.
- Guide managers through employee relations cases in real time, intervening and steering in the appropriate direction taking account of governing policies, employment law, best practice and precedent.
- To lead on the management of casework, relating to sickness absence. This includes making recommendations, giving advice and support to managers, liaising with Occupational Health, case review meetings with employees and managers.
- Assist the design and delivery of development workshops in areas of HR, to enhance knowledge and skills within Farrow & Ball.
- To oversee and authorise the preparation and issue of appropriate contractual documentation in relation to appointments, terminations and variations of employment including accurate notification to Payroll.
- To keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice, knowledge sharing with the team to ensure continuous improvement in the service offered.
- Identify and communicate these implications to business areas as appropriate.
- Analyse weekly and monthly KPI’s taking action and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversee the accuracy and maintenance of the HR Information System data.
- Contribute and support the continuous improvement of HR systems, practices and policies in the organisation, ensuring they underpin our Company culture.
- Consult on issues related to workplace relations and performance management.
- Prepare briefings over a range of HR related topics.
- Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring that they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements.
- Compile and interpret HR information using bespoke information systems including accessing, inputting and compiling data.
- Support the HR Manager to drive organisational performance by driving core business objectives.
- Assist and lead where appropriate on other Human Resources projects and activities.
- At least 2 years generalist HR experience gained within a commercial environment
- Ideally CIPM qualified.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of Employment Law.
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external managers and contacts
- Verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organisation. Confident at delivering feedback.
- Written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- Experience in leading and working effectively in teams.
- Experience of supervising staff and assuming responsibility for workload allocation, identifying development needs and performance planning and feedback.
- Ability to write and present information on HR KPI’s.
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Generalist HR experience within a busy HR environment.
- Results and service focused
- High level of integrity
- Determination and drive for excellent results, solution oriented
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work in a busy environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Flexible, able to travel
- Able to use own initiative
- Previous experience of retail/operations companies
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed.
- Must be prepared to work as part of a team and assist or carry out other duties during periods of high workloads, sickness, holidays and emergencies.