Adexen is mandated by a one of the fastest growing indigenous marine logistics services providers in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry to recruit the following positions for its operations in Nigeria. This position is based in Port Harcourt.
Our client is one of the fastest growing indigenous marine logistic services providers in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry engaged in long-standing service partnerships with international oil companies.
Job Title: HR Advisor
Employee Recruitment and On-boarding
- Recruits, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions existing in the organization.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the company’s goals.
- Handles employee background and reference checks, transfers and confirmation
- Training and Employee Development
- Develops and implements an annual best-practice training plan
Handles all personnel transactions such as performance reviews and management.
Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
Compensation and benefits Management
- Develops and implements an appropriate employee incentive plan and ensures the motivation of all employees to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Prepares the budget for the human resources department.
- Administers benefits programs such as life insurance, health, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance programs.
Employee Relations and Welfare
- Advises management on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and carries out disciplinary actions.
- Ensures effective communication within the organization by soliciting for feedback from all departments and communicating back to management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, programs and ensures effective administration.
- Prepares employee separation notices, related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind resignation.
- A graduate degree or higher in a Social Science discipline
- Internationally recognized personnel management certification e.g. CIPM
- Membership of an international HR organization Minimum Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ cognate human resource management role experience in the marine sector or an international service organization
- Knowledge of talent acquisition and employee relations
- Expert knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law
- Expertise in performance management and organizational development
- Proven experience ins HR policy and strategy architecture
- Proven ability to create best practice HR procedures
- Proven engagement negotiation skills
- Proven personnel management skills
- Proven training and development skills
- Proven ability to develop and coordinate training content
- Proven Performance and career management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of marine crew Class Certifications
- Proven ability to use HR applications and Microsoft Office
- Ability to execute rapidly on HR tasks
- Ability to respond swiftly to inquiries with accurate details and recommendations
- Ability to work well with a team and also independently without significant supervision
- Capable of making decisions and giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery
- An ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Capable of thinking outside the box
- Strong work ethics
- Honesty and professional integrity
- Customer-centricity and responsiveness
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English Language