- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Assist in recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Develop and implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Prepare staff handbooks;
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertake regular salary reviews;
- Administer payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Deal with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Develop with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Plan and sometimes deliver training - including inductions for new staff;
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Help implement organizational changes
- Take part in strategic management.
- 1-3 years experience.