We are currently recruiting for a HR & Training Consultant on a 6 month approx contract basis based in our engineering team in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate will report to the WGPSN Project Manager and will have responsibility for the review, validation and improvement of developed HR and Training Competency Based Training Program in support of the Human Capital Contract.
To develop an effective and efficient organisation structure for the New Fields Development project that will address the projects different phases and future steady state operations
- Review, validate and improve the developed manpower expansion philosophy, manning philosophy and organisation charts
- Develop a model to evaluate the manning requirements that meet the Operations, Maintenance and Integrity expansion program
- Develop Benchmarking of the developed organisation
- Review, validate and improve intake plans for the organisation
- Review validate and improve the following:
- Forecast manpower numbers
- Scarce and critical positions
- Categories and levels required per year
- Internal transfers
- UAE national intake and integration plan
- Attracting, selecting, developing, rewarding and retaining existing and new recruited personnel
- Identifying target locations for recruitment of expatriate personnel
- Develop a detailed recruitment plan considering utilisation of current and sister company resources
- Develop Job Descriptions for Management personnel to Senior Technician/Operator level
- Set out the framework for On Boarding Process
- Develop succession plans for Management personnel to Senior Technician/Operator level
Training & Competency:
- Develop a program for the intake of UAE nationals including their development and integration
- Review, validate and improve the intake plans, existing and future training facilities and instructors
- Develop a smart and fair process for candidate selection
- Review, validate and improve the development and training strategy
- Develop a mechanism for placing new candidates into current brownfields organisations
- Develop a criticality, complexity, difficulty and frequency matrix for critical positions that demonstrates skill, qualifications and certifications required.
- Utilise the competency assessment and professional ladder to develop a similar process for the New Fields Development Project with emphasis on Management to Senior Technician/Operator positions
- Review, validate and improve the current vendor training requirement.
- Develop an assessment tool to access candidates against developed succession plans
- Review, validate and advise on improvement of the Operator and maintenance training simulators
- Assist in the assessment panel for candidates that are recommended for promotion.
- Review developed Instructor job descriptions.
- Establish HR, Training and Competence Profiles for site and office based staff
- Engage in meetings and presentations regarding the training and competency programmes, graduate and trainee progress.
- Liaise with peer managers in HR and Training and Competency functions.
- Review, Develop and maintain training matrix and personal development plans for each function
- Consult with functional managers to identify training needs
- Ensure training targets are met and maintained in accordance with the contract and current legislation
- Deliver appropriate training programmes in accordance with current industry best practice.
- Creation & maintenance of records relating to Emirati?s and arrange particular training programmes for Emirati nationals, especially for fresh graduates.
- Develop matrices for trainees and graduates through their development programmes
- Validate and improve training plan, including co-ordinating requirements for rolling out in-house competence standards
- Review and evaluate the training programme to ensure compliance with English language requirements and d client/project standards
- Human Resource and Technical Training and Competence experience, including assessment, portfolio compilation, training delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team leadership
- Creating & maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Safety leadership
- Commercially aware of the business requirements of the contract
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the oil and gas or related industries industries
- Experienced in HR functions
- Experience of technical training, familiarity with industry standards preferred
- Must work at all times in the best interest and within the Core Values of the Company
- Recognised HR and Training and Competency qualifications