To develop and implement people management strategies that would deliver on developing and managing talent; attracting, retaining, and creating the enabling atmosphere/environment for high performance in order for the Ibadan factory to meet her short and long term business objectives.
- Improve, embed and standardize Key HR policies and procedures to ensure they are always relevant to current needs; educate line management/employees on these for them to properly understand their objectives and relevance to them and the Company; and ensure they are implemented accordingly.
- Use Talent as a competitive advantage to deliver growth across West Africa Area ensuring High potentials employees with right capabilities in key roles to deliver sustainable Winning Growth Strategies
- Support and enable Winning Growth Strategies (WGS) by implementing agreed Strategic Leadership Agenda(SLA) deliverables aligned to the Area agenda in support of the Win in West Africa SLA
- Carry out manpower planning to ensure availability of talent to fill roles (both from within and outside the Company) with minimum downtime.
- Run/participate in interviews and assessment/development centres and determine assessment and selection tools to ensure effective recruitment and selection.
- Ensure all employees fully understand their roles and have/see a clear line-of-sight, providing understanding and embedding our performance management system
- Ensure performance objectives are effective by ensuring they are smart, weighted, relevant and have line of sight.
- Act as a professional advisor to employee/management on people issues.
- Ensure grievance and disciplinary procedures and practices are fair and transparent and are carried out accordingly through an active participation.
- Ensure our remuneration policies, procedures and practices are applied equitably.
- Actively drive change management for key projects in Manufacturing.
- Participate and facilitate Talent Review Meetings(TRM),ensure feedback is provided and TRM decisions are followed through.
- Ensure active and visible leadership within manufacturing Team supporting the driving of positive culture change that fosters a One winning team spirit and further builds HR credibility within the business.
- Ensure line managers take the development of their teams as top priority.
- Ensure development is driven by properly developed, reviewed and implemented development plans.
- Ensure that the work ethic within manufacturing is driven by the Guiding Principles.
- Encourage line management to use robust communication as a vehicle to build trust, openness and understanding within and across their teams.
- Ensure line management embraces a culture of learning that proactively encourages sharing knowledge, experience etc. within and across teams in order to build possible successors.
- Proactively synergise with the Centre of Excellence to provide the required support with the implementation of people focused initiatives in a bid to increase motivation and enhance performance
- Ensure an effective allocation of resources to deliver on priorities.
- Provide direct report with feedback on their performance on regular formal/informal bases.
- Monitor the performance of the factory clinic and Canteen to ensure they are being run affectively.
- Identify and develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally (e.g. Labour authorities), to ensure we are at no time in violation of any rules or regulations as it relates to our people.
- · The role holder should be a graduate of any discipline with Human Resources management experience.
- · 4-5 year’s Business Partnering experience in Multinational organisation is preferred.
- · Ability to skilfully engage and influence at all levels.
- · Excellent communication skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills
- · A detailed knowledge of Nigerian labour law and Nigerian labour custom and practice is fundamental.
- · A detailed knowledge of change management.
- · Be up-to-date on the changing roles of HR in today’s and tomorrow’s workplace.