To support in implementing people management strategies that would deliver on attracting, developing, managing and retaining talent as well as creating an enabling atmosphere/environment for high performance in the Corporate Services function to meet its short and long term business objectives.
· Improve, embed and standardize Key HR policies and procedures to ensure they are always relevant to current needs; educate line management/employees on these for them to properly understand their objectives and relevance to them and the Company; and ensure they are implemented accordingly.
· Support and enable Growth Strategies by implementing agreed Strategic Leadership Agenda(SLA) deliverables aligned to the Area agenda to support a winning organisation.
· Run/participate in interviews and assessment/development centres and determine assessment and selection tools to ensure effective recruitment and selection.
· Ensure performance objectives of employees are effective by ensuring they are smart, weighted, relevant and have line of sight.
· Act as a professional advisor to employee/management on people issues.
· Ensure grievance and disciplinary procedures and practices are fair and transparent and are carried out accordingly through an active participation.
· Ensure remuneration policies, procedures and practices are applied equitably.
· Actively drive change management for key projects in Corporate Services functions.
· Participate and facilitate Talent Review Meetings(TRM),ensure feedback is provided and TRM decisions are followed through.
· Establish best practice and new developments in HR practices and evaluates their application to British American Tobacco to ensure leading edge stance is maintained.
· Ensure active and visible leadership within the corporate services team supporting the driving of positive culture change that fosters a One winning team spirit and further builds HR credibility within the business.
· Ensure line managers take the development of their teams as top priority.
· Ensure that the work ethic within Corporate Services is driven by the BAT Guiding Principles.
· Encourage line management to use robust communication as a vehicle to build trust, openness and understanding within and across their teams.
· Ensure line management embraces a culture of learning that proactively encourages sharing knowledge, experience etc. within and across teams in order to build possible successors.
· Proactively synergise with the Centre of Excellence to provide the required support with the implementation of people focused initiatives in a bid to increase motivation and enhance performance
- A minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist Experience in a reputable organisation.
- Ability to skilfully engage and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A detailed knowledge of Nigerian labour law and Nigerian labour custom and practice is fundamental.
- Be up-to-date on the changing roles of HR in today’s and tomorrow’s workplace.
- 2 years of specialised experience in Business Partnering will be an added advantage