- Responsible for manpower planning and identifying the hiring needs yearly
- Responsible for designing recruitment and selection policies and manuals as well as training managers on these.
- Obtain hiring needs from line managers and is involved in the selection and decision making process.
- Prepare offer letters, carry out reference checks, manage confirmation of new hires.
- Monitor and review the company's salary and benefits structure to ensure a balance between control of costs and attracting/retaining staff.
- Gather and analyze market data to measure the competitiveness of the Board's compensation and benefits package, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Advise management on PAYE, pension, welfare and insurance schemes.
- Maintain current records of all staff details with respect to personal information, salary and benefits such as welfare, Group Life Insurance, Pension, medicals etc.
- Coordinate disciplinary and grievance procedures, working with the Legal department where necessary
- Conduct exit interviews when necessary.
- Formulate and implement sound, current and innovative HR policies in line with labour laws and business objectives. Ensure they are communicated to employees and implemented company wide.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external training bodies, examination bodies and recruitment consultants.
- Design new staff training programmes and update existing ones.
- Ensure an effective performance management is in place which is tied to the business strategy.
- Prepare and presents reports to management team