- You will provide specialist services in manpower and succession planning,job evaluation /job design and supports delivery of our classification system.
- You will assist in the creation and writing of job descriptions, collaborate with compensation and benefits team to determine the classification of positions, lead working committees in carrying out occupational reviews and monitor consistency of processes.
- University degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Human Resources or a related discipline.
- A Minimum of 7 years work experience with a thorough knowledge compensation systems, point-factor job evaluation systems, job descriptions, and pay equity/labour relations theory and principles
- Working knowledge of employment legislation as it relates to compensation, and the ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy and collective agreement language for effective and consistent service delivery
- Experience providing position analysis services within a large, multi-union workplace; ability to write detailed job descriptions across all job levels.
- Intensive experience with job evaluation systems widely used in the market such as HAY, Towers- Watson, MERCER or any other similar system.
- Sufficient edge of the compensation policies and practices and their relations to job evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge in organizational design to develop and propose improvements to job evaluation strategies, policies or procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.