- The candidate will be responsible for effectively managing all the activities of the factory and supervising the staff to ensure production activities are conducted efficiently and smoothly.
- He will also provide the required support to staff to enable the factory to achieve scheduled production targets.
- The candidate must be resident in Abuja.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily production activities of staff and ensures targets are achieved.
- Ensures compliance to safety standards in the factory.
- Communicates decisions from management clearly to staff.
- Keeps staff records updated and develops job requirements and descriptions for all positions.
- Conducts recruitment exercises for factory workers.
- Conducts induction and training for newly employed staff.
- Monitors and appraises staff performance.
- Maintains technical and professional knowledge through continuous self-development and trainings.
- Maintains an orderly and productive working environment and ensures staff compliance to company policies.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of HND or B.Sc in a Construction related field.
- Previous experience in managing the operations of a furniture factory or construction company/site.
- Highly skilled at communicating with and managing construction workers.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards is an added advantage.