Ensure that standard and internationally accepted Human Resource Management systems are installed and implemented and laid down policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. Coordinate the company’s Performance Measurement, Manpower Planning, Career Development, Skills Inventory, Recruitment and Job Analysis & Evaluation, Salary/Reward Systems.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
HR policies & procedures
1. Maintain an up to date framework of policies and procedures that enable the business to employ, engage, develop, and manage its people in accordance with the Company’s values, and within Nigerian Labour law.
2. Enable managers and staff (including new starters) to understand and access these policies and procedures as appropriate to their roles and responsibilities.
3. Advise the Management Team on HR trends that affect the business.
Internal & External Resourcing
1. Provide and manage a recruitment and selection service to the business that enables temporary and permanent job vacancies to be filled with suitable candidates within Nigeria and from overseas
2. Advise management on resource planning and appropriate employment options.
Performance Management & Appraisal
1. Contribute to the development of the Company’s global system to ensure that it reflects the needs of the business.
2. Support the business to implement the Company’s system and ensure that all employees can effectively participate.
3. Report on the outcomes of the process and develop action plans accordingly.
1. Provide advice, guidance, and support to managers and staff in order to effectively manage issues of discipline and grievance in accordance with Company values, policies, and procedures.
2. Ensure that managers understand their roles in these processes and are trained accordingly.
3. Facilitate regular staff consultation and communication processes.
4. Develop informal/formal approaches to monitor the "pulse" of the workforce to identify any barriers to employee engagement.
5. Track and report on staff retention rates and ensure that exit interviews are conducted.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional qualification (CIPM, CIPD or SHRM)
- 7 years and above experience providing an HR service/support at a management level or equivalent
- Human Resources experience in FMCG or Manufacturing environment
- Experience in dealing with issues relating to recruitment and selection
- Experience in the development & implementation of new policies, procedures processes and systems.
- Experience of consulting with trade unions
- Experience of delivering training course(s)
- Ability to develop constructive relationships at differing organisational levels
- Ability to interpret and draft complex information such as polices and procedures
- Ability to deliver advice confidently on employment law issues
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Knowledge/ability to effectively manage/supervise staff
- Ability to influence at varying levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic