Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Human Resources Officer
- Ensure Effective HR Policies and Procedures – Develop best practice HR policies and procedures in the organization for management and board approval, implement approved policies in a timely manner and in line with set internal controls and development and use of relevant forms for effective HR functions. Support executive management to manage all change initiatives impacting staff within the company.
- References – co-ordinate all requests for references and the process leading to staff confirmation
- Certificate Verification and introduction letters
- Performance Management – ensure employee performance results adequately reflect corporate and departmental performance levels and carry out stipulated measures against low performance as outlined in the HR policies and procedures.
- Employee Compensation –implement compensation strategies and processes that will attract, motivate and retain the right talent required by the company including but not limited to innovative best practice ways in use by companies in the same industry and in the same categorization as the company.
- Support Company policies – Work closely with departments and line managers to understand and implement company policies and procedures and organize internal capacity building and training programs to keep employees informed on developments and changes in policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintain Records/employee database – Establish and maintain personnel records and reports both electronic and manual, maintain company organization chart and employee directory and manage the human resource management software in line with company IT policies. Take responsibility for granting access to relevant information and documentation to employees and other approved persons and entities that may require them e.g. during audits and examinations by regulatory bodies.
- Manage Relationships – Work closely with the external bodies and agencies as relating to HR management including but not limited to Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Tax Consultant, Auditors (both internal and external) and software vendors.
- Process inputs and support on all disciplinary issues, handle staff transfers and related issues
- Be in charge of Leave management system, medical insurance and exit process
WORK EXPERIENCE/ REQUIREMENT
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- A first degree in any of the Social Sciences
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Membership of HR professional body
SKILLS/ COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Office applications
- Attention to details
- People management skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Good listening and organizational skills
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/ MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Ensure performance management is carried out twice a year
- Manage training calendar, schedule and payments
- Interpret company policies and procedures
- Ensure employee files are up to date
- Maintain a robust and error free employee database
- Manage all external correspondence (reference letters, letters to embassies, NYSC, banks etc)
- Timeliness and accuracy of assigned duties
- Effective employee relations skills
All units and departments.
Partners both local and International and various vendors.