- Providing technical support to contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and environmental management on a daily basis.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Walk the floor/premises on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management
- Enforce HSE regulations (i.e. OSHA, EPA, LOTO, Hazard Communication etc.), report infractions and recommend solutions to Management
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment
- Oversee Behaviour-Based/Observation-Safety Programs
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Technical Capacity
- Collaboration and organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical
- Customer/Client Focus
- Project and Time Management
- Performance Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in any relevant field.
- Registered with a recognised HSE professional association would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in field safety management
- Age below 35 years
- Detailed knowledge of applicable regulations
- IT Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.