· - Oversee the Implementation of Company's HSE policies and programmes aimed at incident prevention.
· - Provides advisory support to all Department towards ensuring safe operation and industrial compliance.
· Development/execution of annual corporate HSE programs
· Maintenance of auditable HSE statistics and implementation of relevant company Policies
· Coordination of periodic HSE audits of operations and closure of action points
· Production of departmental reports
· Mentoring of HSE staff and serve as alternative to HOD at corporate HSE events.
· Company focal point on field HSE matters
· Efficient management of the department’s budget for safety/ Firefighting/pollution control equipment, environmental studies, personal Protective equipment etc
· Setting challenging goals for the department and drive achievement
· Development and implementation of programs to promote compliance with Company HSE policies rules and procedures, statutory regulations and industry Codes of practice
· Liaison with regulatory agencies, interpret existing statutory regulations and Advise company on potential impact of revisions/ emerging regulations on Operations
· Sponsor and participate in annual in-house HSE audit of company Operations/activities and coordinate close out of actions points generated
· Participate in third party HSE audits/reviews and coordinate timely close out of Recommendations
· Participate in facilities design reviews and Hazops
· Ensure auditable records of HSE statistics and periodically advise management On performance and immediate plans for continuous improvement
· Monitor conduct of regular HSE meetings, trainings and drills to promote awareness and preparedness
· B Sc (Science or Engineering)
· Certificate and/ or Diploma in Safety Management
· 10 years Minimum years of experience
· Sound knowledge of HSE-MS administration, HSE statutory regulations and applicable codes of practice.
· Cognate experience and management of HSE n the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry.
· Sound knowledge of Auditing, Environmental quality standards, Environmental laws regulations and permits processes
· Skilled Project management techniques, including business planning and evaluation
· Experience in facilities and operations auditing.
· Sound knowledge of Emergency Response Plans preparation and reviews.