As a part of Quality Department the role will be responsible for supporting the region by ensuring Country and industry legal compliance and ensuring consistency across the Europe Organisation with robust and current policies, Site safety, equipment and PPE, hazard prevention and environmental procedures.
- Lead and sustain Health, Safety and Environment Functional Excellence within the designated region by promoting positive culture through the leadership, training, communication and implementation of HSE best practices whilst identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement regional Health Safety and Environmental Metrics / Key Performance Indicators using trended data (to include Job Safety Analysis, incidents and near miss reporting) to support the business strategies, reduce incidents on and off site and improve safety and reporting procedures
- Responsible for tracking the progress of initiatives at site level to ensure targets are achieved/exceeded. Coordinate and follow up on all HSE corrective and preventive actions from audits, incidents, concerns, JSA audits and Risk assessments to assure reduction in risk and promote continual improvement. Ensure reporting and validating of HSE related data to corporate for the region
- Facilitate and support individual site Health Safety and Environment performance improvement by the roll out, implementation and sustaining any associated toolkit , initiatives , operation control procedures, SOPs, WI etc (e.g. LOTO, JSA, Hand Safety etc)
- Support individual sites by training and coaching employees to conduct incident investigations for Tier1 level and lead incident investigation for Tier 2 MIDO cases in region to ensure an effective and to end process (i.e. investigations, closure of corrective actions, communication of the incident
- Ensure region and site specific HSE training needs matrix is kept up to date with current information and facilitate roll out of HSE related training by developing HSE related training material and delivering Train the Trainer sessions along with ongoing support to sites ensuring collaboration with the Europe Learning and Development function
- Support site implementation and conformance to HSE management systems ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 requirements whilst ensuring the sustainability of improvement initiatives and corrective actions
- Coach and mentor continuous improvement technicians and site / regional operations personnel to ensure they are equipped with the appropriate level of HSE awareness and skill set to drive, support and promote HSE issues
The successful candidate will have HSE Professional qualification or Degree. (IOSH, NEBOSH Diploma – Required) and experience with HSE management Systems (ISO14001, OSHAS 18001).
Other skills may include:
6Sigma Green belt Certified
Coaching and Mentoring Skills
Working in remote teams