Reports to: HSE Coordinator
As the site HSE Repsentative for the company Neconde , the postion will assist managment in application of the company’s HSE policy in the site activities in compliance with OML42 project. Respresntative will particitapte in the prepartion of works and operation, check that measures and prescriptions are enforced. Reprersentative will take reponsibility for the maintanace and sound operation of safety – environment equipment and marterials and relative excercises This is a contract role needed for a period of 18 months
Key Result Areas
1) Assist the HSE Manager to Implement the effectiveness of Incident Prevention Programmes:-
Maintenance of Auditable HSE Statistics, Safe Work procedures and Implementation of relevant company policies
· Proficient in risk assessments, behavioral based safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, auditing, root cause analysis, incident investigation etc.
· Ensure strict adherence to the permit to work system with emphasis on suitability and effectiveness of control measures
2) Work with the HSE coordinator to maintain acceptable industry standard level of Compliance with Statutory Regulations and Company Policies :-
Company Focal Point on Corporate HSE Matters and working with the line manager in Liaison with all Regulatory Agencies.
· Assist the HSE Manager to contribute to the Interprets existing statutory regulations and advices Company on potential Impact of emerging regulations on Operations.
· Assist the HSE Manager to contribute to analyze trends and deviations from standards
3) Conduct daily HSE audits at the assigned project area:-
· Participate in facilities design reviews and HAZOPS.
· Evaluates emergency action programs
· Follows up with Incident corrective actions
. Conduct, participate and/or report job safety meetings such as Toolbox meetings and Monthly site HSE meetings, etc.
· Broad technical competence and HSE skills with working knowledge of Exploration & Production operations.
· Experienced in HSE stewardship; risk assessment; regulatory matters, and HSEMS
· Effective coaching: communicating performance expectations to Neconde staff.
· Good organizational skill: initiative to manage a diverse workload of changing priorities and ability to maintain continuity in times of organizational change.
· Assist the HSE coordinator to train employees and management on HSE programs and policies
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
Sound knowledge of Auditing, Environmental quality standards, Environmental laws regulations and permits processes.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum 5-7 years’ work experience in similar role.
Minimum B.Sc. from a reputable university.
Certification in NEBOSH, Lead Auditor Certification in ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO9001.
Required. IOSH certification
Process Safety skills and other certificates in Safety Management are a plus