Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, our capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the development, implementation organizational safety programs as well as drive the daily operations of the HSE unit and monitor the application of effective health and safety practices.
- Implementation of the ISM/SMS System and Procedures
- Provide safety compliance onshore and offshore and perform regular HSE audits.
- Pro-actively develop and implement HSE programs across the company and ensure that there is on-going awareness and education.
- Conduct hazard identification studies using scenario-based risk analysis methods (HAZOP, HAZID, etc.).
- Responsible for record keeping and inventory
- Promote HSE awareness within the whole company through meetings/trainings, newsletter, safety bulletins, posters and through safety committee/safety representatives, safety moment, safety drills.
- Handle HSE plans for major projects and carryout regular inspections
- Represent the Company in OPTS HSE Subcommittee or any compliance body and act as first point of contact on all HSE related matters
- Conduct HSE training onboard the vessels based on LSA/FFA equipment.
- Documentation of the ISM/SMS System both onboard ship and in the operational office.
- Collate month end reports from vessels to the office for record purposes.
- Prepare crew for HSE induction briefings and debriefings when embarking and disembarking vessels.
- Carryout the familiarization session of both offshore and onshore workers.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations.
- Ensure the use of PPE by crew at all times while working.
- Conduct and initiate drills onboard vessels.
- Prepare yearly LSA/FFA status for all vessel and barges.
- Prepare vessels for client inspections according to the flag state or port state of the vessel.
- Record keeping for all vessels and barges according to the ISM filing systems provided by the IMO.
- Liaise with Government on regulation issues as it relates to vessel operations.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, weekly and yearly HSE statistics for the vessels and barges and for the company.
- Carryout emergency response drill according to the company drill policy.
- Conduct and carryout practical firefighting training.
- Provide safety coverage for loading and offloading of crude oil.
- Open, courageous, hands-on and caring (for people and the environment)
- Ability to learn fast and to have excellent safety/security initiatives
- Technical writing is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work different shifts and travel up to 20% of the time.
- Proactive and able to instantly detect risks and hazard
- Documentation and housekeeping skill
- Leadership skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a Health, Safety/Security related discipline
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years HSE experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Safety security network connection in Nigeria
- Must be NISP certified
- Membership of a relevant Safety/Security professional body (NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA).