Introduction to the role
As HTML Developer SEO, you will ideate, develop, and manage Jumia's online marketing solutions with creativity, organization, and tact.
Your areas of responsibility include
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Work with Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have additional skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s)
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to managers
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of the company
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building
- Work with multiple teams to create HTML mocks up.
- Define new UI elements / frameworks for use by development teams
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Experience with PHP, ASP or JSP
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities