To plan and control manpower resources at the HUB to ensure efficient and effective utilization of available resources to cover HUB operations to attain optimum level of seamless guest experience and safe and secure On time Performances.
- Responsible for allocating and utilizing manpower resources at the HUB to cover the all areas of Operations.
- Control the movement of staff at the HUB in an effective way by monitoring their allocation and ensuring EY representation in all areas of business at the HUB to maximize the guest experience.
- First point of contact for all staff at the HUB in relation to Attendance, Shift Swaps, Overtime, Lateness, Sickness & Absence and their by ensuring each working day is accounted and relevant control is effected in the process.
- Accountable to evaluate load factor and rostered manpower resources on a weekly basis in advance and prepare plans to cover the operations with optimum utilization of resources and arrange manpower resources on Overtime if required.
- Responsible to review and analyze pre determined plans on a shift basis and make necessary changes if required for better execution/implementation based on the operational requirements on the particular shift with special attention to the premium & VIP guest movements.
- Accountable for safe keeping of Airport Passes of staff while going on leave (a security requirement); logging, safe keeping and repairing of Tetra Radios leased from ADAC, logging and safe keeping of Duty Mobiles used at the HUB.
- Responsible to initiate Return to Work Interview for staff returning to work after Sickness/Absence; escalate grooming and discipline issues to management.
- Act as a link between EY & external agencies by providing the load factor to ADAC on shift basis for effective service by Police, Immigration and other service providers.
- Responsible to provide information on the location of each staff on duty during an emergency and record the Allocation on shift basis for future references.
Qualification & Education:
- Educated up to A-Level / IB / GCSE (General Certificate in Secondary Education), preferably Higher Degree; with good command over English.
- Minimum of 3 years or more working experience in Airport Operations preferably in a Hub environment with hands on experience at Check in, Transfer Desk & Boarding Gates and knowledge of EY staffing parameters for different sectors. Supervisory experience is an added plus.
Training & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of DCS (SABRE), Outlook & Webmail, Microsoft Office – Excel & Word.
- Ability to Lead a team by allocating and monitoring them on shift basis.
- Multitasking and Adapting to Changes.
- Analyze the SWOT of each staff and suggest required improvements of each staff to their Line Managers.
- Ability to prepare staff allocation for the shift with EY parameters.