The main purpose of this role is to plan, direct and coordinate human resource management activities to maximise the strategic use of human capital with regards to staff recruitment, compensation & benefits, personnel policies & regulatory compliance as well as oversee process & procedure management.
General Human Resource Functions
· Oversee the HR Administrative functions such as: -employee offer letters, employee database, work schedules, employee relations, departmental reports, leave etc.
· Responsible for recruitment of suitable and qualified staff including development of job descriptions and person specifications, ensuring that the right level of staff is available at all times to meet business needs.
· Provide active support in the selection of recruitment agencies which meet the corporate standard (ensure corporate branding in recruitment portals and advertisements).
· Prepare information and input for the salary budget and ensuring compliance to the approved salary budget, focusing on pay for performance and salary benchmarks where available.
· Promotes organisational culture, equality and diversity; ensures appropriate communication to all levels of staff
· Provide counsel and assistance to employees at all levels in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
Strategic Human Resource Functions
· Develop HR business plans, maintain, develop and recommend HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to established corporate policies.
· Plan & implement skills gap analysis and uses same to drive training & development programs across all departments.
· Maintain and develop leading edge HR systems and processes to address the effective management of people in relation to performance management, induction, reward and recognition, staff retention, career development, succession planning, competency building/ mapping, compensation /benefit, in order to maintain competitive advantage
· Lead and manage change within the entire organisation by becoming a natural change agent; getting buy-ins from all levels of staff.
· HR Policy
· Talent Management
· Employees Retention
· Succession Planning
· Change Management
Educational Qualification and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Administration, or other related field
· At least 7 years’ experience in Human Resource Management
· Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
· Excellent Interpersonal Skills
· Excellent Computer Skills (Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Payroll Administration
· Policy Administration
· Conflict Resolution
· Performance Management
· Recruitment and Selection
The Ideal Candidate must:
· Possess up-to-date information on the Nigerian Labour Law
· Be a strategic thinker
· Be a Self –starter
· Be able to work collaboratively