Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
• Provide general and administrative support to the Human Resources Manager; compose and type letters, memorandum, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities.
• Plan and coordinate recruitment and examinations; prepare job announcements and advertisements; administer and score tests; notify candidates of application/employment status; prepare certification lists.
· Monitor staffing levels, identify staff vacancies, anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans, recruit and select candidates.
· Develop and place job adverts; review and shortlist applicants; interview and select suitable candidate(s).
· Perform Reference Checks.
· Issue appointment letters.
· Develop job descriptions for all positions.
· Open and update personnel file.
· Induction – Provide current and prospective employee with information above policies, procedures and working conditions.
· Ensure for all recruitment exercises that reports are documented and filed.
· Conduct needs assessments to determine when training is necessary and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity.
· Collate staff for appraisal and inform unit heads, send form to staff and set date for review.
· Communicate result to staff and implement decision made.
· File relevant document that arise from the process.
· Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that monthly and annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
· Maintain payroll information: compute and collate all relevant information related to payroll on a monthly basis including but not limited to new employee list, absences and contract changes.
· Maintain and update employee directory with any employee changes.
· Compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
· Ensure all staff matters, memos, queries, communications to and responses from staff are filed in staff files,
· Ensure proper confidentiality and security of all HR documents
· Preparation and issuance of transfer letters, confirmations letters, termination letters, and all human resources related letters
· Manage leave system – records of Annual, sick and other leave entitlement of staff
· Compose and distribute routine written correspondences
· Ensure regular staff meetings are held
· Develop and maintain a filing system
· Update Company’s asset register
· Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Advise on pay and other issues, including promotion and benefits.
· Prepare reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and employee turnover.
· Develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues e.g. disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management, restructuring of services et cetera.
· Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate.
· Establish and/or recommend salary ranges, offers, and compensation adjustments and monitor salary reports for equity, compression or other issues.
· Set up systems and processes for the smooth running of all day to day office administrative activities
· Oversee purchasing function: negotiate price, quality and delivery; approving invoices.
· Ensure the availability of necessary supplies by identifying procurement needs of the office - reception, departments, kitchen and ward and all areas of the Facility.
· Ensure there is an effective communication system where needs are identified; options evaluated.
· Ensure effective planning and execution of operations by reducing waste levels.
· Oversee Facility’s maintenance needs.
· Supervises the maintenance and repair of the Company’s infrastructure, vehicles and equipment.
· Manages the provision of general support services, including cleaning and upkeep of office premises.
· Ensure the kitchen unit and security unit deliver a professional service.
· Manage grievances, ensures the relationship amongst staff is cordial and professional.
· Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills.
· Management of all individual personnel and workforce management action – perform difficult staffing duties - administering disciplinary procedures, terminations, demotions as necessary.
· Help employee resolve work related issues, handle staff dispute and resolve conflict.
· Act as focal point for all initial queries from staff regarding policies and procedures.
· Collate consultant assessment record on the 15th of each month and forward to accounts for payment.
Keep record of consultant assessment record for onward payment collation
Skills / Competence Required
• Proficiency in MS Office suit- Excel spread sheet, power point etc
• Deposited liability generation
• Credit knowledge
• Basic customer service orientation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good customer service skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Good documentation and record keeping
• Good reading and listening skills
• Good dress sense
• Must reside in Lagos
• Must have experience in Human resource management and in consulting industry
• Computer literate
• Must have listening ears