Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Closing Date: August 30, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Head of Base, the HR Officer will support the HR Department in ensuring that National staff are recruited, developed and managed in a strategic, proactive manner to ensure the mission’s human resource requirements for programs and support positions; National staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases, to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees; the management team is supported with all administrative tasks related to both national and international staff.
- Oversee the base’s recruitment process.
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff.
- Oversee the processing of employee’s salary and benefits.
- Support in the mission’s capacity building and career development.
- Supervise and manage staff under your responsibility.
- Provide overall support to the HR Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; masters’ degree a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions.
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.