Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to client.
- Provide guidance and on-the job training to other staff.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters , i.e payroll contracts, etc.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of ork ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management system for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines
- Support preparation of basic reports.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- Five or more years progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
- Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practice and methods
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles.
- Ability to conduct basis analyses.
- Ability to build relationship with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Completion of Secondary school education
- A first degree in Administration, HR Management or related discipline desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local language is desirable.