The objective of the HR Assistant position is to assist HR Partner, West Africa with interviews and hiring actions, ensuring completion of employee’s documentation and administration, complete administrative tasks related to all aspects of HR sections in the region. She/he will be required to assist in preparing job advertisement and general correspondence, arrange and coordinate logistics support for selection and interview process and maintain personnel files for all West Africa field offices. The HR Assistant will serve as the liaison between the field offices and head office for HR related activities. He/she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HR Partner.
- Assist with staff recruitment by sending invitations, scheduling interviews doing reference check, informs job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment
- Maintain personnel records tracking employment history, Confirmation, promotions, transfers, salaries, and training
- Issuing of letter of employment and confirmation to newly employed staffs, Verification of certificates and follow-up on response from former employer and Conducting referees check of new staffs and ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment
- Updating the HR online databases
- Prepare monthly HR reports
- Administering payroll system and maintaining staff related records
- Planning and coordinating training occasionally, including induction programs for new hires
- Process of staff benefits such as health insurance and life/Accident insurance Plan
- The HR Assistant will serve as the liaison between the state office and head office for HR related activities
- Conduct terror check for new hire
- Collect approved leave form and updates the tracking sheet
- Draft correspondence for and on behalf of MSH staff
- And any other duties that may be assign from time to time
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Integrity and friendly approachability.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Degree or HND in business management, human resources management, psychology, or social administration from an accredited institution.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and collaborating abilities
- Experience using standard editing/proofreading marks and graphic layout designing.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive work flow, knowledge of USAID employment regulations
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria as required
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and must work well under deadlines
- 2-3 years working experience in this field.