- Prepare HR related documents for the annual operations programme review. Provide input in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Participate in the recruitment of local staff including the drafting of vacancy notices and arranging for typing, driving and/or other tests on the required skills. Draft submissions for the review by the local Assignments Committee (AC).
- Administer recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures. Update personnel records in the office, including MSRP entries into HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Assist and coach administrative staff performing personnel administration related functions, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrangements for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain liaison with the counterparts at support sections and divisions at headquarters, as well as at the respective Bureau, on matters related to the personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
- Perform other duties as required.