Human Resources Coordinator - Abuja, Nigeria
Duration : 12 months
Start date : 01-Sep-2016
Click here for additional details about :
Our work in Nigeria Action Against Hunger-USA's generous remuneration package Living & Security conditions in this base
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
developing and implementing the Country HR policy, applying best HR practices, and monitoring program activity to anticipate future HR needs.
Key activities in your role will include
- Ensure implementation of ACF HR policies and procedures, and compliant with local labor laws.
- Ensure the HR administration is accurately maintained as per ACF and local government regulations. for travels, visas, work authorizations, medical evacuations, personnel files and other HR documents.
- Oversee Payroll and Benefits Administration.
- Manage the mission’s recruitment.
- Identify and monitor staff training, development and learning needs.
- Communicate HR matters both internally (within the mission) and externally (to New York HQ, donors, and local authorities).
- Develop a national HR professional to be his/her replacement.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’re a seasoned HR professional
- You have earned a Bachelor degree in HR, Psychology or a related field.
- You have 4-5 years experience as HR professional, with a sound knowledge of recruitment, payroll & benefits management, training & development, and team management.
- You are used to work with HRIS and softwares. Ideally you know Homere software.
You’re a super communicator and a good coaching
- You have extensive experience communicating with staff from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. You are comfortable verbally discussing solutions in stressful situations.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization's policies & procedures – both verbally and in writing.
- You are diplomatic and able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You are good developing people skills.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized and pay attention to details. You are calm under pressure, able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You can identify needs, develop plans, and also deliver training.
- You think strategically defining and communicating goals, also being genuinely committed to helping others to achieve the organizational objectives.