The American University of Nigeria, Hotel Division is seeking for a Human Resources Manager. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Efficient Human Resources Manager with expertise in developing and implementing HR's role as business partners. Detail oriented, advocate positive relationship between employees, employers and external bodies’ example Insurance companies. Expert communicator and negotiator with strong conflict resolution skill.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- And any other task as assigned by the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in hotel management will be an added advantage
- Must have stamina to remain focused and resolute in regular stressful and tiring job conditions.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, mature and resilient
- Must have good oral and written communication skills. Should be able to communicate effectively with top management, fellow managers, and subordinates and with the general public.
Skills: Employee Relations, HRIS applications proficient, Pay roll expert, performance management strategies, Training and coaching, Benefit administration/Logistics. Employment Law Knowledge.