Job Number: 2179586
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
- The Employee HR Manager is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions.
- This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- This role will be directly aligned to a highly-complex, defined employee population.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints;
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate;
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource;
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies;
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved;
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment;
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance;
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation;
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed;
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.