Plan and administer policies relating to all phases of human resources activity
• Ensure compliance of all policies and procedures
• Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
• Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Conduct performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Monitor daily attendance
• Identify training and development opportunities.
• Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
• Promote workplace safety.
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
• Attend Council meetings to provide information, when necessary.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Attention to detail skills
• Team building skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Basic counseling skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
• Effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals , policies and procedures.
• Effective public relations and public speaking skills.
• Stress management skills.
• Interviewing skills.
• Time management skills.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management or Personnel Management, or any related discipline from a reputable institution would be an added advantage.
• Graduate degree in Human Resource or related field (e.g. Human Resource/Organizational Development or Business Administration)
Minimum of 4 years experience in Human Resources function.