- To provide support on designated projects/and or assigned areas of work
- Administration services to HR team and Head of HR
- HR administration, systems and procedures
- Information and advice to service users.
- HR database management
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
Designated projects/and or assigned areas of work (to provide support) 45%). For example:
- Recruitment and Selection:
- To liaise with managers and recruitment or advertising agencies
- To compile and dispatch application recruitment packs, arranging interviews
- To maintain a database to monitor vacancies and applications
- To update recruitment pages on the MS Society website
- Processing new appointments and changes to existing employment contracts using established templates and pro-formas.
- Learning and Development:
- To use the database to set up courses and manage bookings
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Deal with practical queries
Administrative Services to the HR Team and personal support specifically to the Head of HR. 20%:
- To be the first point of contact for the HR Department.
- To field calls and direct or refer as appropriate to members of the HR team.
- To manage electronic and desk diaries, handling the mail, drafting correspondence, filing, responding to telephone calls, organising meetings, arranging flights and accommodation, and booking venues and equipment.
HR administration/record systems and procedures (develop, implement and maintain) 25%:
- Disclosure: To ensure that effective records are kept on criminal records checks for staff and volunteers working closely with the Volunteering Development Officer.
- To maintain budget spreadsheets
- To support the corporate induction process by compiling lists of new starters and induction packs
- To ensure all personnel files are maintained and kept up to date within the Data Protection Act
- To maintain stationery supplies
- To process probation documentation
- To assist with pay and benefits administration.
- To process HR invoices
Information and advice to service users 10%:
- To deliver an effective high standard of service to internal and external customers including;
- Providing advice to service users on general HR queries relating to terms and conditions of employment e.g. annual leave; notice periods; pay rates.
- Responding to routine queries and requests from line managers/employees on employment and recruitment matters under the guidance of the HR Manager.
- Responding to general enquiries from members of the general public on a range of HR issues including recruitment
Decision Making Authority:
- Able to make limited decisions relating to the handling of a wide range of general and specific enquiries and e-mails, providing information or referring to manager for further advice where appropriate.
Qualifications & Skills Level
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in a office environment
- Experience of working in an HR department (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office programs in particular, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Ability to meet specific deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Works accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work positively in a team
- Proven track record of using own initiative to solve problems
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.