Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Human resources officers Duties:
• determine staffing numbers, skills and needs to meet the organisation's objectives
• analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions and duty statements
• advertise staff vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants, administer selection tests, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments
• maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
• arrange and conduct staff training
• use a number of management information systems to record, maintain, plan and manage the organisation's human resources
• provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes
• assist employees with work matters, career development, personal problems and industrial matters
• organise employee welfare services such as health and wellbeing programmes, first aid and fire warden training, superannuation and social activities
• take part in enterprise bargaining talks where employees, management and unions discuss the development of specific work arrangements and conditions (pay and hours of work, for example)
• help implement organisational changes (such as those following from industrial relations legislation, revised job classification structures or technological changes)
• take part in strategic management.
With experience, and sometimes further training, it is possible to advance to higher positions, such as sales/marketing manager. we specialise in a particular area such as recruitment, wages and entitlements or staff training.
Human resources officers provide administration services for the recruitment and employment of staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
• HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline
• good planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
• good oral and written communication skills
• tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information.