We are currently looking to engage the service of a mature Human Resource professional with at least 5 years experience who is interested in working on a temporary basis or as an Independent Consultant.
The job description for this role includes but not limited to the following:
- Ensure accurate Job descriptions are in place
- Develop and implement HR policies, and procedures.
- Develop and manager compensation and reward system
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Identify training and development opportunities.
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Provide basic counseling to staff
- Provide staff orientations.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Basic counseling skills
- Effective communication skills
- Stress management skills
- Interviewing skills
- Time management skills
- 5-7 years experience