- To support implementation of WASH component of project including construction/rehabilitations, follow up of community hygiene groups, and collaboration with WASH stakeholders at state/LGA levels.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Implement, hygiene promotion, and community mobilisation activities at LGA level
- Facilitate carrying out community mobilization and hygiene promotion session among the IDPs and host communities.
- Proactively participate in Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities for sanitation and hygiene promotion activities at LGA level.
- Assist the WASH Officer in providing training to Health Workers/Community Volunteers/WaSHCom and other partners on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Support the WASH Officer in organizing information meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Proactively participate in the selection of beneficiaries for the NFI kit along with full participation in the distribution process.
- Provide full support to WASH Officer in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including Government Ministries/Department/Agencies at LGA level
Objective 2: Collect information and data on community mobilization and hygiene promotion related activities at LGA level:
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion activities to ensure behavioural change and project ownership
- Ensure post distribution monitoring mechanism in place for NFI kits and target communities are equally trained for handling and usage.
Objective 3: Collaborate with local authorities and the population, for the smooth implementation of the Hygiene promotion activities:
- Assist the WASH Officer in defining the approach with local stakeholders.
- Collaborate well with Community Volunteers (CVs) on hygiene promotion messaging and act as an interface between IDPs and CVs.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- First degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or other WASH-related fields from a recognized/accredited Tertiary Institution in Nigeria
- At least two years post-graduation experience
- Advanced degree will be an added advantage
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes
- Training and experience on borehole and VIP latrine construction/rehabilitation
- Community mobilisation and advocacy experience
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills.