- Maintain relevant and up to date knowledge of business and information technology.
- Provide input into, and assist with the implementation of, Council’s IT Strategy.
- Attend relevant training programs approved by the Unit Manager.
- Knowledge of the administration of MS SQL Server 2008.
- Skills in the provision of Information Technology services, which includes an understanding of the underlying principles involved as distinct from the practices.
- An understanding of the long term goals of the work unit and an appreciation of the goals of the company.
- An understanding of the function of the position within its organisational context, including relevant policies, regulations and precedents.
- The position requires skills and knowledge acquired through relevant work experience or the completion of a more formal qualification such as an Information Technology degree or diploma course.
- Ability to show understanding and patience in communicating with technology users.
- Ability to encourage staff to exchange views and resolve problems.
- Well developed investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Maintain adequate security of data by implementing, monitoring and auditing appropriate security policies.