Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Job Title: ICCM Specialist
Location: FCT, Abuja
Position Band: D-1
Reports To: Head of Unit Health Systems Strengthening
The Integrated Community Case Management (ICCM) Specialist will serve as CRS’s primarily technical representative on this multi-organization project. Specifically, the ICCM Specialist will support the project team in increasing access to appropriate treatment of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea by 50% from 2015 levels in selected local government areas through the ICCM approach. This includes support for scaling up Nigeria’s ICCM strategy implementation through private patent medicine vendors and community health extension workers.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- M.D/MBBS OR post graduate degree in health management or public health required with significant field experience in Nigeria in clinical and/or community-based malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- At least 8 years of post NYSC relevant experience in public health with a strong preference for candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in malaria programming, including integrated community case management, is required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working child health project that included iCCM strategy is required at the field level.
- Proven experience in collaborating with, and providing technical assistance, to NMEP and to partner organizations.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Experience with USAID donor funding requirements a plus.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
- Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
- 1Commitment to gender responsive/transformative programming
- 1Strong inter-personal and public relations skills.
- 1Willingness and ability to travel regularly and at short notices.
- 1Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- 1Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.