You will be tasked to organize, prepare and implement the national Food purchase according to the IKEA purchasing processes and specified standards, by optimizing the efficiency in the supply chain.
- Ensure ordering and receiving procedures is done according to the IKEA FOOD requirements.
- Responsible for developing and purchasing food products and ensuring the complete range is in compliance with legislative (list relevant legislations applicable by country) and IKEA FOOD requirements in the areas of Quality and Environment.
- Responsible for the development of a strong and vital national/local range for restaurants, cafés and bistros by guaranteeing an optimal relation between quality and price that is in accordance with the IKEA FOOD strategy, food trends and the profile of our customers
- Ensure that the monthly IFB stock take is implemented according to set guidelines
- Prepares monthly discrepancy report and initiate control measures and follow-up
- Be prepared to work out quick solutions in case of overstock and/or shortage of products.
- Establish and maintain a partnership with suppliers.
- Recognise and build key relationships with matrix partners and ensure an effective and efficient communication flow within your functional area with all relevant stakeholders.
- Process and document supplier’s requisitions in the NAVISON system.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the IFB supplies and storages
- Ensure day-to-day functions of store keepers are carried out in the department
- Receive important documents, mail and ordered supplies;
- Undertake Senior responsibilities as the IFB operation required
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate with Cash Office and Finance for invoice payments and follow-up
- Ability to read and analyse KPI’s & P&L
- Multi-tasking skills
- Advanced computer skills,
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Have business overview, analytical skills and tactical thinking
- 3-4 years of successful Food purchasing experience from food trading, food retailing or hotel and restaurant
- High School/Trade School Graduate.
- Good leadership by example and showing how we can “reach good results with small means”.
- Ability to work with diversity between the colleagues.
- A strong knowledge and passion about food.
- Strong drive, a problem solving approach and challenge diverse topics.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Interest in life at home and home furnishings.
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement