- Strong analytical, decision making, interpersonal and writing/communications skills
- Strong multiple project management skills
- Strong Technical accounting skills
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Duties & Responsibilities
- IFRS compliance and Group Reporting
- Providing guidance, standards and objectives for best practice.
- Determine impact upon statutory and consolidated reporting.
- Assess technical accounting at corporate and key subsidiaries and evaluate degree of convergence.
- Identify measurement, indices, and disclosure differences.
- Assess impact upon current or pending M&A and JV transactions.
- Analyse tax requirements and current positions.
- Determine changes to key tax positions, provisions, process, and technology.
- Identity and inventory tax issues & opportunities.
- Determine changes to financial & statutory reporting processes.
- Determine changes to close and consolidation processes.
- Analyse entity, process, and period end close controls.
- Determine IFRS business impact upon technical infrastructure.
- Identify required enhancements to financial systems.
- Perform stake holder analysis.
- Utilize assessment analysis to develop business case.
- Ensure the financial policies and procedures across the whole company are set in accordance with Group policy and Standards, Nigerian GAAP and International Accounting Standards.
- Maintain and distribute accounting manuals and ensure this is in compliance with IFRS, Nigerian GAAP and actual practices.
- B.Sc. Accounting or related subjects
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ICAN, ACCA, ACA etc.)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience spanning the following;
® 3 years’ experience handling complex IFRS
® 2 years’ experience in a Financial Management capacity or 3 years audit experience.
® Process reengineering/project management experience
- Experience of IFRS conversions and implementation in businesses