Main Purpose of Job
- The British Deputy High Commission is looking to recruit an Immigration Liaison Assistant to work in the Risk & Liaison Overseas Network (RALON) office.
- The Unit is part of the Home Office and provides intelligence and information support to the UK visa operation as well as being responsible for liaison and training airlines in Lagos.
- The position is for an initial one year contract, and may be subject to renewal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks including researching trends in visa applications, dealing with passengers referred to the BDHC by airlines and checking application details against confidential databases. Duties will include:
- Report writing
- Creating and maintaining databases
- Provide administrative support to Lagos RALON ILM/O's on airport dutiesSupport ILM/O's when providing training to external partners
- Liaising with external partners and analysing information to identify trends.
- Support Visa Services by providing timely information and intelligence to improve decision making quality.
- Indentify and research cases that merit further investigation.