- Manage, monitor, expedite and control all the Company's imports and direct exports of Machinery, Spare Parts, Raw materials, finished goods, and capital equipment for the Group and working within a diversity of regulations and requirements set down by government, financial institutions and private enterprise.
- To ensure optimum method of shipment for imported cargoes which are to be received within pre-determined time parameters and terms of sales/purchase
- Liaison with Foreign Buying Group and Vendors on all Imports (Air and Sea Freight) towards delivery OTIF.
- Liaison with Logistic service providers and related authorities on all aspects of the import/export process (NAFDAC, SON, CUSTOMS, NXP, BANKS, Inspection Agents etc.)
- Prepare and submit customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo. When the required documents are not available, incumbent is to initiate corrective actions.
- Manages all the duties within the shipping function, i.e. manage shipping agents, tracking the entire shipment process, invoice approval, Statutory reports, insurance claims, Indent file control, applications to Board of Trade, etc.
- Participate in regular and effective cross-functional teamwork with other functions and shipping agents to ensure support and commitment to other functions objectives
- Drive Effective SRM Process with all third party Logistics Providers.
- Prepare Landed Cost estimates on request from the business using current rate agreements in place
- Track SLA with logistics service providers to ensure conformity
- Regular Reporting and updates to Key Stakeholders across the business on all Imported Orders/ shipments
- To ensure compliance with all Group Procurement Policy, Customs, importation and financial regulation regarding importation of goods
- Provide the Business with market insights on New Government and Regulatory Policy as it affects importation.
Qualification and Key Competencies
- HND/BSc. Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related field. MBA with relevant Professional Certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in imports and exports in Logistics Company or FMCG Company with at least 3 years in a senior Level
- Very Strong Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Very Strong Computer skill
- Good written and Verbal communications skills.
- Very Strong Analytical and Contract Management Skill
- Strong customer service focus and Interpersonal skills.