To provide an objective and independent assessment as to whether the business unit is “fit for growth”. To monitor and assess the Local Corporates portfolio in order to minimize provisions and bad debts.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• To manage risk in order to minimize provisions and bad debts.
• To ensure conduct on the transaction monitoring as per schedule.
• Maintaining good transaction monitoring quality and standards and professionalism.
• Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
• Ensure prompt recognition and reporting of deteriorating credit quality.
• Ensure credit agrees promptly reflect changes in credit quality.
• No overdue reviews
• No breaches of group, functional and local credit policy without specific approval.
• Manage up or manage out accounts within the portfolio, which are unprofitable or poor quality customers.
• To ensure that all concern are promptly escalated to head of LC/SCO. As applicable.
• To ensure quality portfolio review meetings are conducted on a quarterly basis. Ensure due follow up on all actionable items.
• All high risk accounts to be covered every quarter and medium risk accounts to be covered on a selective basis in consultation with head of LC/SCO.
• Ensure that all issues of concern are proactively escalated of Head of LC and SCO, as applicable. No surprise slippage of accounts to EAR/GSAM. All ASTAR accounts to be correctly identified.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS - INTERNAL
- Unit Heads
- Support Functions
- Global Markets
- Service Delivery
- Legal Council
- Consumer banking
- Corporate affairs
- Regional/ Global OCC
KEY ROLES HIGHLIGHTED:
- Dealing wth matters relating to unit strategy in the context of budgets, targets, performance, resourcing,MIS, Credit/Risk (BCAs, Excesses, Account Strategies, New Names)
- Matters relating to MIS, Budget, Value added analysis and management packs.
- Matters relating to GM context of WB strategy and actions points.
- Matters relating to transactions, advices,products and services ( Trade services, cash managements operations, account services unit and internal processing unit etc.)
- Matters relating to the law (corporate, company etc).
- Matters relating to consumer banking services.
- Matters relating to promoting and publicising key OCC achievements / activities.
- Matters relating to the overall relationship and information dissemination
Qualifications & Skills
• Business or accounting related degree or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience in a corporate banking environment
• Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, personal banking products and international banking products.
• Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
• A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and negotiation skills.
• High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team.
• Have a good knowledge of the groups policy, standards, local regulations and legislation of the prevention of money laundering.
• Ability to identify credit and operational issues and recommend/take appropriate action.
• Interpersonal skills. Ability to establish confidence in dealing with all levels of colleagues
• Ability to work independently to define and resolve issues using appropriate channels/methods.
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in Arabic preferred