NLNG Ship Management Limited, a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited seeks to engage the following personnel for immediate employment in the following position:
- The appointee will monitor and implement NSML's Seafarers COS, Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for Nigerian ratings, in line with International Labour Organization (ILO), International Transport Federation (ITF) and NIMASA rules/requirements for Maritime Labour.
- He/she will maintain harmonious employee relationships amongst the Shipboard Officers and Ratings by liaising with the Fleet managers, Manning Agencies, appropriate Unions and Employers Associations, Regulatory bodies to ensure continuous availability of shipboard personnel for sea service.
- Monitor the provision of Nigerian Railing Manpower Services for BCT ships and participates in the collective bargaining process of the Ratings with relevant authorities.
- Initiate the review of Shipboard Officers Conditions of Service periodically in line with CBA and current realities emergent from international survey of Conditions of Service.
- Coordinate Company representation at social functions of NSML Fleet Personnel (Cadets and Officers), home and hospital welfare visits and follow up on welfare issues for seafarers and facilitate contract between seafarers away on assignments and their respective families.
- Assist in promoting harmonious relationships between the Company and the Industrial unions, NIMASA, ITF; ILO, and ensure Personnel and Company's representation with appropriate unions/bodies.
- Assist in evaluating the performance of Cadets, investigate issues/prepare disciplinary/grievances case files for Senior Management approval and implement decisions for improved performances.
- Undertake Ship and College visits to Nigerian Officers on board and respond to issues/concerns raised by Officers/Cadets with view to creating a harmonious working environment.
- Enquire into and gather Industry/Market intelligence on Shipping/Maritime matters globally and recommend mitigating measures for coping with changes to Management consideration.
- Advice shipboard staff of Home News, Mail broadcasts and Fleet Circulars and act generally as communication focal person for them.
- Possess a University degree in Humanities or Social Sciences, obtained at a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1)
- Five to eight years cognate experience in HR practice, three years of which must have been spent as a Senior Officer of core Personnel/HR function in a reputable organization.
- Maritime sector and Industrial relations experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be a good team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Not be more than 35 years as at 31st December 2014.
Method of Application
The curriculum vitae MUST be formatted in the order listed below:
- FULL NAME (SURNAME FIRST)
- DATE OF BIRTH
- STATE OF ORIGIN
- MARITAL STATUS
- CONTACT ADDRESS
- TELEPHONE NUMBER
- E-MAIL ADDRESS
- HIGHER INSTITUTION(S) ATTENDED WITH DATES
- COURSE OF STUDY
- CLASS OF DEGREE
- PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s)