Job Code: EFL/WP/LG
- Analyse engineering drawings, blueprints specifications, sketches, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan welding operations.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work piece with straight edges or template.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust and moisture.
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment’s to fuse metal pieces using processes such as Argon gas welding and Arc welding.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Welds and assembles metal components to the effect repairs to stainless steel pipes and machine parts.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece.
Educational Qualifications & Experience Required
- City and Guilds, NABTEB, OND
- Quality experience working in a formal environment, i.e. construction company or industrial environment.