This position is responsible for managing all organization technologies and providing technology support and training for the group. Also responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks. Primary duties include: analyzing systems and processes; maintaining workstations and networks; and designing, developing and maintaining Web-based applications. As well as develop the ICT systems and enhance the existing ICT capacity of the company to enable it meet its mandate. Continuously Lead and drive a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions to organisational challenges. The role has supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization’s local area network hardware/software.
- Manages network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining routers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores; etc
- Conducts technology orientation and exit briefing for all staff; prepares technology and systems for new and exited staff.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed
- Implements, administrates and maintains databases.
- Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology checklists.
- Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies.
- Ensures for the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization.
- Prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery plan.
- Manages external technology projects.
- Participates on committees, task forces, workgroups, etc. As directed, facilitates technology meetings and user groups.
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with other organizations, ensuring the organization is well received and presented professionally and positively.
- Maintains knowledge on current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and training sessions.
- Develops and manages technology budget and monitors and recommend related expenditures. Reviews.
Qualifications and requirements:
B.sc /B.Tech/B.Eng/HND- (Second Class ) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial capacity is pertinent.
Expert knowledge of various IT Software is highly desirable.