Starting Date: 1 July 2016
Duration of the Contract: 1 year renewable
Purpose of position
- The Information assistant is in charge of INSO NIGERIA databases. This consist in 3 core responsibilities:
- Ensure quality data entry into the INSO NIGERIA Incident database
- Prepare graphics based on extracts from the Incident Database
- Be the focal point for NGO registration requests and update the INSO NIGERIA Registration database
- Reports to the Country director
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive: other tasks may be requested to adapt operational needs.
- Oversee, manage and maintain NGO’s registration with INSO.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the INSO NGO registration guidelines as detailed in the SDS
- Clearly understand the INSO definition of an NGO (as detailed in the Scope of Services) and ensure that this is applied in all registration requests
- Communicate with NIGERIA NGOs the registration requirements and services that INSO provides.
- Assist the Director with the NGO vetting process.
Maintain both the electronic and hard copy databases for all registrants. Engage pro-actively in the maintenance of the Comprehensive NGO Registration Database, including:
- Updating and management of INSO incident database.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of INSO Database coding guidelines
- Strict adherence to coding guidelines in regards to weekly database coding requirements
- Strict adherence to weekly coding deliverable schedule
- Communicate to Director any queries or clarifications regarding coding
- Preparing graphics based on the INSO incident database.
- Prepare graphics based for Bi-weekly and Quarterly reports, based on information extracted from INSO information database
- Prepare graphics other graphics on request
- To follow INSO security policies and procedures.
- Follow 100% of INSO policy directives;
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and security of all NGO information;
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and security of any documentation/procedures as outlined by Director
- To adopt professional conduct and positive attitude
- Manage your time in the office effectively. Use your free time to check and clean up the INSO registration database, database as well as the compiling of graphs / central contacts list / annex 4 / and keep up to date the TW / SR listings.
- Work to ensure a positive working atmosphere enhancing a cordial working relationship.
- This position is based in Abuja with frequent travel in North Eastern Nigeria.
- The position requires the holder to be able to undertake tasking at short notice with due regard to the security environment
- The position requires the holder to be able to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised. The selected candidate must be able to plan and manage their own time effectively. The holder must exercise a strong work ethic and take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- This position requires a Degree of flexibility with respect to working hours
(Applicants MUST have all these):
- Bachelor in IT, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent Diploma
- 2 or more years of work experience involving Excel production of high quality graphics
- Fluency in English (working language) with good writing capacities
(Applicants SHOULD have 1 or more of these):
- 2 or more years of work experience with NGOs
- Excellent Excel knowledge, including production of high quality graphics
- Experience in high quality report production
- High focus and concentration capacity
- Successful experience in data entry of complex non-quantified information
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of engagement
- Good knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Internet.