This is a highly specialized role, responsible for the overall information assurance of the enterprise, across multiple disciplines (infrastructure, applications, information, integration etc), balancing the need for access, functionality and performance against information assurance requirements. This is a key role in achieving information security compliance.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability of information and enable timely and appropriate information models to exist to aid project.
- Ensure existing technology assets are identified, stewarded and securely leveraged across the enterprise.
- Promote authenticity and non-repudiation of data submitted.
- Validate audit objectives and assist with creation of audit plans to ensure continued compliance and transparency.
- Review corporate technology resources for new threats and compliance alignment.
- Make sure the enterprise is secure by uncovering terror and subversive plans hidden in code.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues, Corporate Security Policies) and compliance to determine impact on enterprise security architecture
- Function as a member of the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- University degree or equivalent qualification in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- 10 years work experience in IT, at least 5 of which in Information Assurance roles.
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC), CISSP, and CISM are a plus.
- Extensive experience with developing security architecture models, frameworks and plans.
- Demonstrable knowledge of security architecture in large-scale systems design/deployment.
- Have ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to understand an organisation’s goals and objectives to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.